2023 CAMP GUIDE: 13 summer camps to attend in the Conroe, Montgomery area
Parents looking for camps for their children have a number of options to choose from in the Conroe and Montgomery area. This list is not comprehensive.
1. Armored Sports is a Christ-centered sports camp where kids will learn Bible lessons and verses while playing games like basketball, dodgeball, flag football and soccer. Staff will act out a Bible story each day.
Dates: May-first week of August
Cost: $110-115 per session
600 N. Main St., Conroe
2. Camp Fun Quest offers weekly field trips, swimming, crafts and hiking. The Totally Teen Program takes excursions to participate in community service projects and cookouts.
Grades: 1-6 (Camp Fun Quest), 7-8 (teen)
Dates: May 30-Aug. 8
Cost: $134-$147 (25% discount for residents)
Oscar Johnson Jr. Community Center
100 Park Place, Conroe
3. Lighthouse Summer Camp offers field trips each week, including swimming, roller skating and bowling. There will also be guest speakers and sports activities.
Dates: May 29-Aug. 4
Cost: $180 per week; $100 (per month for summer activity fee)
5701 N. Frazier St., Conroe
4. Maximum Athletics Gymnastics Camps lets kids jump, climb and tumble to improve gymnastics skills while also enjoying games, obstacle courses and trampolines in different themed weeks such as “Island Blast,” “Ninja Madness,” “Olympic Sports” and “Carnival.” The camp also features crafts, movies and water activities.
Dates: June 5-9, June 19-23, July 10-14, July 24-28
Cost: $175 per week (by May 7), $190 per week (after May 7)
1500 Wilson Road, Conroe
5. Kiddie Academy’s CampVentures offers kids hands-on activities, field trips, water play, movie days, special vendors and themed events. The camp expands on Kiddie Academy’s Life Essentials curriculum, which focuses on character education, STEM-infused technology, and health and fitness experiences.
Dates: May 29-Aug. 11
Cost: $250 per week
740 Fish Creek Thoroughfare, Montgomery
6. Montgomery Little Bears Preschool offers summer camps with two field trips per week plus math tutoring and STEM activities. There will also be soccer, volleyball and baking classes.
Dates: May 30-Aug. 18
Cost: $180 per week
10600 Commerce Row, Montgomery
7. Wine & Design offers a variety of themed three-day art camps, such as pirates, “Christmas in July” and wizarding school.
Dates: May-July (dates TBD)
Cost: $120 per three-day session
202 McCown St., Ste. A, Montgomery
Worth the trip
8. Alodia Basketball Academy campers can choose from three camp options, including total player, shooting and competition with full- and half-day camp options.
Dates: May 31-Aug. 5 (The Woodlands), Aug. 12 (Tomball)
Cost: $150-$235 weekly
22601 Lutheran Church Road, Tomball
8711 Creekside Green Drive, The Woodlands
9. Camp Blessing is an American Camp Association-accredited residential Christian summer camp geared for children and young adults with disabilities and their siblings. The fully accessible camp is designed to meet the varying needs of campers diagnosed with intellectual and developmental disabilities and provide a fun and accepting environment for campers.
Ages: 7 and older
Dates: May 30-Aug. 6
Cost: $1,695 (need-based scholarships offered on a case-by-case basis)
7227 Camp Blessing Lane, Brenham
10. Camp Olympia is a private, overnight summer camp located on Lake Livingston that offers one-, two- and three-week camp sessions. Activities held include wakeboarding, golf, horseback and a challenge course.
Dates: May 28-Aug. 5
Cost: $2,285 (one week), $4,450 (two weeks), $5,575 (three weeks)
723 Olympia Drive, Trinity
11. Carolina Creek Christian Camps offers The Wild Camp for grades K-5, Creekside Camp for grades 5-9, Elevate Camp for grades 9-12 and Family Camp for all ages. Family camp is free for children age 4 and younger.
Dates: May 29-Sept. 5
84 Wimberley Lane, Huntsville
12. Cordovan Art School provides creative art camps at four locations in the Houston area with more than 40 themes to choose from. Full- and half-day programs are available, and extended care is available.
Dates: May 30- Aug. 18
8000 McBeth Way, Ste. 130, The Woodlands
13. YMCA Camp Cullen immerses its campers in nature throughout their time at the camp, which is located off of Lake Livingston. The camp hosts outdoor activities, such as water sports, hiking, equestrian activities and adventure courses.
Dates: June 4-Aug. 6
Cost: $1,195 per week (if enrolled before May), $1,295 per week (if enrolled after May)
460 Cullen Loop, Ste. A, Trinity